fall

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our Love Story

I have to admit that I believe I have one of the best husbands in the entire world. I may be bragging, but he is so amazing and treats me so incredibly well. One of my good friends just posted about her love story with her husband for Valentines Day and I loved it, so here it goes.


Lets talk a little about the first time Jacob and I actually met. Funny story, sort of. The night I met Jacob I was a COMPLETE mess. My first boyfriend that I had here at Oklahoma Christian had just broken up with me and it was the day before my birthday. My friends asked me to come watch a movie with them up in their room. I said, "Ok but only if its with people I know because I have been crying." They reassured me that it was only people that I knew, so I headed up to the room. Little did I know, I was about to meet the love of my life. They introduced me to Jacob. I was less than friendly. We went on our separate ways.



Fast forward a couple months and I was talking to one of Jacob's best friends. I know this sounds horrible, but Jacob made his move during this time. We had started spending a ton of time together since I was around his friend a lot. One day, his friend left for a weekend trip and Jacob asked me to hang out the entire weekend. I will spare you the long version, but to make the story short we started dating. I will, however, tell you about our first official date since it was pretty funny. Jacob was really nervous and asked me what my favorite things were to do for our first date. Me, being the weird non high maintenance girl that I am, told him that all I wanted to do was to eat Bueno and go to a dollar movie. Jacob was thrilled with the fact that I wasnt high maintenance, but I'm sure he was thinking that I was crazy at the same time. So, our first stop was Bueno. I, being my odd self, told him I really wanted to go through the drive thru because I hate to go inside (who knows, I am just weird like that). Jacob, being so sweet, did just that. Unfortunately for me I am a COMPLETE clutz. I spilt my entire muchaco ALL over the floor of Jacobs car. I was completely embarrassed, but he really didnt seem to mind. Then we headed to the movie to see Premonition. During the movie we held hands (Big deal). After the movie, Jacob was such a gentleman and dropped me off at my amazing OC dorm. Did I mention that he opened EVERY door for me? Yeah, thats right. And we were official: April 16, 2007. Freshman year at Oklahoma Christian University!


From there we spent the summer apart, me in Broken Arrow working and Jacob in Lubbock, TX working. In June, my best friend Tabby and I went to Lubbock to meet his family. I loved them from the beginning. In July, Jacob came to Broken Arrow and met my family. The second Jacob left, my mom turned to me and told me that he was the one and that I would marry him.


Unfortunately, we got back to school for our sophomore year. We both were rushing and our lives were busy so we broke up..... for a week. After that week we decided that we just liked each other too much and were falling in love. We spent the holidays together. During Spring Break of 2008 my mom and I ran to Walmart and Jacob asked my dad for my hand in marriage. In April 2008, one year after we started dating Jacob asked for my hand in marriage.

How did he do it, you ask? I'll tell you. My older brother is a media major and films a lot of short stories. So, my brother asked me to be in his movie a week before Jacob popped the question. The night of the proposal my older brother called me and told me that I needed to come over as soon as I got off of work because the sound didnt work on his film and he needed me to do a voice over. I, of course, believed him and as soon as work was over I drove to their OC apartment. He had told me that he was going to be working on the film so I should just walk in when I got there. As soon as I walked in there was love music on, a slideshow of us going on the tv, and candles lit everywhere. Jacob came around the corner, got on one knee, and popped the question. I blubbered and may have laughed out of nervousness and said, "YES!' We went and had dinner with my brother and sister in law after. Theta did a candle lighting for me that night and Chi threw Jacob into the pond (OC tradition).




Jacob and I were engaged for 9 months before tying the knot on January 1, 2009! It was the best New Years of my life. We celebrated with all of our friends and family. It was one of the best days of my life.


For our honeymoon we went to the best place on earth, Disney World. Seriously, I LOVED Disney. I wish I could spend every day at the Disney parks. We had so much fun. We had pins that we wore that let everyone know we were on our honeymoon. It was just fantastic. It deserves an entire blog post of its own. Be looking out for that.



January 2010, we celebrate our one year anniversary. Jacob took me to Eureka Springs, AR. We stayed in this adorable bed and breakfast and just enjoyed the time that we had alone together.



Fast forward a little, Jacob graduated in April 2010. In May 2010, we got a job at our college to live in the dorms and be there for the students. We loved it.



That summer we went to Honduras and bonded greatly as a married couple. 


In October 2010, we got the greatest surprise of our lives. We found out I was 4 weeks pregnant. We were scared, nervous, and crazy excited all at the same time. The next month we got to meet our amazing new nephew Eli and we had our first baby appointment the exact same day, November 18, 2010. I, also, graduated from college in December 2010!




In January 2011, we were so excited to celebrate our 2 year anniversary! Being pregnant there wasnt just a ton of stuff that I was wanting to do, so Jacob took me back to Eureka Springs and we had such a blast. We explored the city, went to nice dinners, and just took a break from our busy lives.




On June 16th, 2011 we got to meet our amazing little baby. Mason Tyler was born at 7:07 pm, he weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was the most beautiful baby that I have ever seen in my entire life.


Mason turned 6 months in December. We took a TON of pictures. We also celebrated our three year anniversary in January 2012. 


Our baby is now 8 months old. I love my husband more than the day I met him and he treats me like a Queen. I could not have asked for a better love story. I thank God every day for my life and for my amazing family. Thanks for letting me share my love story.





No comments:

Post a Comment